A permitted film shoot is scheduled to take place next week in the Big Sur area. To that end, there will be intermittent traffic control next Thursday and Friday on Highway 1 at and near Bixby Bridge and the area between mile markers 60.1 and 51.2. to show their appreciation to the Big Sur community the production company has made a donation to the Big Sur Fire Brigade, and Big Sur Health Center.
Print
Email
2 people were arrested in Monterey this week after they were found to be acting suspiciously and traveling in vehicle stolen in Fresno. Both 24 year-old Robert Otero and 24 year-old Aurora Fernandez face charges related to weapons, drugs, and the stolen vehicle. They were booked into Monterey County Jail.
Print
Email
A Salinas man is now slated to be sentenced march 24th , to 5 years in a state prison. That after Joshua Cook pleaded “No Contest” to a felony charge of communicating a criminal threat that also qualified as a hate crime. Cook placed 4 calls last year to his mother’s physician in which he threatened the physician and her staff. He said he did that because his mother’s doctor recommended that she stay away from anyone exhibiting signs or symptoms of illness.
Print
Email
A 3 a.m. raid last summer at the Correctional Training Facility In Soledad is now the subject of a lawsuit. 4 of the inmates involved have filed the suit on assault, negligence, and civil rights violations....saying that none of the 150 inmates involved were even allowed masks before they were forced to strip, had their hands zip-tied, and were put all together in the dining hall. Many say the raid was a Covid-19 superspreader event that led to more than 27-hundred cases of Covid-19, and 17 deaths....all directly traceable to the raid. The warden said goal of “Operation Akili” was to investigate gang activity in the facility. The first hearing on this case is scheduled for June 22nd.
Print
Email