With the numbers of new blood donors shrinking every year, the American Red Cross is encouraging those who have not given recently, or who have never given blood….to make a life-saving donation. When any type of blood (A, B, or O) is missing from hospital shelves, patient care can be impacted.
5 teens were arrested yesterday, after they caused a fire on Larkin Valley Road while driving in a stolen vehicle. Shortly before the vehicle was found fully engulfed in flames, it had been involved in the hit-and-run of another vehicle. The teens were taken into custody as they tried to flee from the burning vehicle.
Residents were allowed to return to their homes (on the 600 block of Pacific Avenue in Santa Cruz) shortly after 8 p.m. last night. That after they were evacuated around 7 p.m., so the investigation of hazardous materials could be safely conducted. No injuries were reported in connection with this incident.
A Watsonville man has been arrested for allegedly molesting a child. 50 year-old Arturo Garcia-Gahona is accused of inappropriately touching a 6 year-old at a daycare facility…..4 years ago. Garcia-Gahona was booked into Santa Cruz County Jail.
A home suffered major fire damage on Quail Ridge Road this morning. When firefighters arrived on the scene on the 400 block, they described the structure as “fully-engulfed”, and they said it spread to the grass, but they were able to quickly contain that. The blaze was called in just before 11 a.m., in the Jarvis Road area.
More Articles ...
- Medicare seminar 061318 0843 CM
- DIGITAL Nest film crew 061318 0822 CM
- Measure Z advocates ask for help 061318 0647 CM
- New commander at Presidio of Monterey 061318 0549 CM
- UPDATE: 3 SB County Fire 06/12/18B S.S
- UPDATE: Mud Creek Re-Opening 06/12/18B 23:23 S.S.
- Highway 9 Chaser Arr 06/12/18B 19:42 S.S.
- Woman Arr In Soquel 06/12/18B 19:30 S.S.
- Motorists Reminded 06/12/18B 19:12 S.S.
- Soledad Forklift Operator 06/12/18B 17:55 S.S.