A 38 year-old man was arrested yester day, ending several shelters-in-place in the city of Santa Cruz. The incident began around 1:30 yesterday afternoon on the 200 block of Felix Street, and ended around 5:30 p.m. in the Pogonip. People in several neighborhoods, and Santa Cruz High School, were asked to stay inside with their windows and doors locked.
Print
Email
Salinas police served a warrant today (Tues) in connection with a shooting that left a man with a minor injury back in December.
Officers served the search warrant near John Street and Sanborn at about 7 a.m. During the search, police said they found two guns and arrested an 18-year-old on suspicion of being a felon in possession of a gun.
Detectives also found at least 50 beds assembled and used in the home .
Police called in Code Enforcement, and the agency said it found structures that were not fit for living and overcrowded parts of the home. The parts of the home that were not considered fit for living were posted as "Unlawful Occupancy."
Print
Email
RESIDENTS IN THE AREA OF FELIX STREET IN SANTA CRUZ ARE BEING ASKED TO SHELTER-IN-PLACE RIGHT NOW DUE TO POLICE ACTIVITY ON THE 200 BLOCK OF FELIX STREET. AS PART OF SHELTERING IN PLACE PEOPLE ARE ASKED TO LOCK ALL DOORS AND WINDOWS, AND STAY INSIDE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
PEOPLE WITH QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME TO CALL (831) 471-1131, WHICH IS THE SANTA CRUZ POLICE DEPARTMENT’S NON-EMER GENCY LINE.
Print
Email
The following information was issued at 12:14 p.m. today from the Santa Cruz County Health Department....
Effective Wednesday, March 31, 2021, Santa Cruz County will move into the Orange Tier based on improving COVID-19 transmission rates here.
Under the Orange Tier, economic restrictions will be further lifted and additional sectors will be all owed to resume operations. Retail establishments may now operate at full capacity, while restaurants, places of worship, movie theaters and museums may increase indoor operations to 50 percent of capacity. Please refer to sector-specific guidance at https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy for additional information.
Bars, breweries and distilleries may resume outdoor operations, wineries may resume indoor operations at 25 percent capacity or 100 people (whichever is fewer), and gyms and fitness centers may increase indoor capacity from 10 percent to 25 percent. Indoor pools may also open.
Previously restricted sectors such as amusement parks, indoor entertainment centers such as bowling alleys, and live-audience outdoor events may open with modifications. On April 1, amusement parks may allow all in-state visitors, though capacity will remain limited to 25 percent.
While transmission rates locally look positive and the County remains a leader in per capita vaccinations within the state, coronavirus cases are increasing globally and the B.1.1.7 variant has recently been found within Santa Cruz County. Vaccinated and unvaccinated residents are advised to continue wearing masks and practicing social distancing while in public.
For local information on COVID-19, go to www.santacruzhealth.org/coronavirus, call 211 or text “COVID19” to 211211.
Print
Email