Air and foot patrols knocked down a flare-up in the Ballybunion Fire area today. Although the fire was considered 100 percent contained, a smoldering tree flared-up today around 4 p.m. The blaze is back under control, and the area is being monitored.
Plans for the Imjin Parkway Widening Project were shown off at a meeting in marina last night. The project includes roundabouts, bus pullouts, and more bicycle lines. By 2019, the City Of Marina hopes to move traffic through the busy corridor more smoothly.
Bomb squad training took place today in Castroville. Some explosions were set off in abandoned houses on Seymour and Speegle Streets. The soon-to-be demolished housing provides invaluable training scenarios.
A temporary shelter, that could house up to 100 people for up to 2 years in Salinas, is still in limbo. That’s because Monterey county supervisors are waiting to see if the city of Salinas will pay for half the cost of the shelter. The temporary shelter would be located on North Main Street.
There are also plans for a permanent shelter on Natividad Road, but that will take longer to get up and operational.
6 animals have reportedly been injured by rat traps in Santa Cruz county recently. According to a spokesperson with Wildlife Emergency Services, 5 skunks, and a deer, were injured within a 5-day period. The traps are not the old smooth-bar traps that larger animals can’t get out of; instead they have pointed teeth that make it difficult for animals to escape from.
More Articles ...
- Holifield Back In Court 09/13/17B 16:41 S.S.
- September 13, 2017: ICE Agents in the Central Coast
- September 13, 2017: Man Caught with Gun
- September 13, 2017: SV Skate Park Closed
- September 13, 2017: Hepatitis A Outbreak
- September 13, 2017: Two Suspects Arrested
- September 13, 2107: Robbery Suspect Arrested
- September 13, 2017: Stolen Vehicle Recovered
- September 13, 2017: Man Shot in the Face
- September 12, 2107: 33rd Annual Coastal Cleanup Day