The Santa Cruz County Farm Bureau has picked up 5 awards…..and is a state finalist for the Innovator Award Contest. The 5 awards were in the categories of innovation, leadership, ag education and public relations, membership and policy implementation. There are 53 county farm bureaus in California.
A Salinas police officer’s patrol car was hit last night. The incident took place just before 9 p-m near the intersection of Seville Street and Cherokee Drive. According to the C-H-P, 2 parolees ran the vehicle they were in, into the patrol car.
Almost 3,000 P. G. AND E. Customers were without power for a while in the Hollister area last night. That after a vehicle crashed into a power pole on Fairview Avenue, near Highway 25. Crews had to right the pole.
(19:34)WATSONVILLE- - A music teacher at Monte Vista Christian School in Watsonville is a Grammy finalist. David Dehner has been a teacher at the school for 15 years, during that time his pupils have won moer state competitions than any other school in California. Dehner is competing with 10 other finalists next February.
(19:20) SANTA CRUZ- The Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission meeting highlighted track problems that caused the suspension of the Santa Cruz Polar Express. At Thursday’s meeting two paperwork violations were recommended and 32 track defects were discussed. The paperwork violations will be examined by the Federal Railroad Administration.
More Articles ...
- KC Arrest-12/8/16-1910-PMD
- Greenfield Fatality-12/8/16-1854-PMD
- Dolphin Super Pod Visits MB-12/8/16-1838-PMD
- P,G & E Repairs in SC-12/8/16-1828-PMD
- December 8, 2016: Transportation Safety & Investment Plan
- December 8, 2016: New Information on the Escamillia Case
- December 8, 2016: 2nd Saturday on the Farm
- December 8, 2016: Riverwalk Project
- WILD MUSHROOM POISONING 12/07/16B 23:59 S.S.
- Gilroy Gardens To Stay ‘Luminated’...for a while... 12/07/16 22:44 S.S.