A number of people suffered injuries in a multi-vehicle crash on northbound Highway 1 near River Street this morning. The just after 10 a.m. crash is believed to have begun when the brakes on a big-rig failed as the driver was exiting highway 17 onto highway 1 northbound….and the truck ran into several cars. Drivers are asked to avoid that section of highway 1 until at least 3 p.m. this afternoon.
A native Monterey resident has come home to be the new Parks And Recreation Director for the city of Monterey. Kristi Mcclure Huckaby worked for the recreation program before she ever left for college…and for the past quarter century she has managed Park And Rec Departments in a number of southern California cities. Huckaby started her new job in Monterey today.
It's International Education Week, and Cal State Monterey Bay is hosting a series of cultural events. They range from diversity marches to film screenings and performances….and a keynote speech by Emmy Award Winning broadcast journalist Anisa Mehdi, who is scheduled to speak about Intercultural Communication starting at 5:30 this evening. The March begins at noon today. For more information, people are encouraged to go on-line to the university’s website at: csumb.edu
- The Camp Fire that has destroyed at least 6500 homes and 260 commercial buildings in Butte County, has grown to 125-thousand 42 people have died in the fire that the more than 51-hundred firefighters fighting that wildfire appear to have been able to stop at the Chico city limits. The most destructive fire in the state’s history is considered to be 30 percent contained. Firefighters hope to have it fully contained by November 30th.
- 2 people have died as a result of the Woolsey Fire burning in Ventura County, which has burned 96-thousand 314 acres and is 35 percent 435 structures have been destroyed by this wildfire, and 57-thousand more are still threatened by it. 83% of all National Parks Service land in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area has been burned by the Woolsey Fire.
- The 45-hundred and 31 acre Hill Fire is now considered to be 90 percent contained. 2 structures are said to have been destroyed by the Hill Fire.
Another blood pressure medication is now being recalled. That after tests have showed that the active ingredient of Sandoz’s 100 milligram and 25 milligram tablets of Losartan Potassium Hydrochlorothiazide has tested positive for n-nitrosediethylamine….or NDEA. The Lot Number impacted is JB-8912.
The FDA is testing all heart drugs due to concerns over other possible tainted meds.
More Articles ...
- Santa Cruz City Council mtg 11/13/18A 07:25 S.S.
- New Fire At Pogonip 11/13/18A 06:53 S.S.
- Play-Off Game Delayed…..Again 11/13/18A 06:37 S.S.
- Room Fire At Seascape 11/13/18A 06:25 S.S.
- Watsonville Traffic Lights-11/12/18-1741-PMD
- RED FLAG Warning-11/12/18-1728-PMD
- MB Half Marathon Cancelled-11/12/18-1717-PMD
- Salinas Townhouse Fire-11/12/18-1632-PMD
- Gilroy Man Killed in Crash-11/12/18-1621-PMD
- Man Killed on SR17-11/12/18-1553-PMD