King City will launch its own electric energy service beginning July 2 under the name King City Community Power. The organization will buy and sell electricity from the current provider, Pacific Gas and Electric. The new electric provider will become the default for King City residents and businesses. Customers who want to opt out and stay with Pacific Gas and Electric will receive directions on how to do so.
The family of a woman who died during a Monterey County music festival is suing the event’s organizers. The suit names Do Lab as the primary defendant and says the company did not give proper medical attention to 20-year-old Baylee Gatlin. Gatlin died at the Lightning in a Bottle festival from multi-organ failure, hyperthermia and dehydration in May 2017 after possible drug use.
The 139 acres of the Seascape Golf Club in Aptos is on the market. Owners AGC Realty listed the 18-hole golf course for $12 million. The club has a history that dates to 1926 and it’s not clear why the property is for sale.
A former Wienerschnitzel on 800 Soquel Ave. in Santa Cruz is set to become a restaurant with a craft beer focus. For 20 years, the site has remained vacant and decaying. The new owners of future beer spot have not set a grand opening date but plan to unveil the restaurant in the fall.
A 49-year-old man was stabbed to death near Lake Street and Bridge Alley in Salinas Tuesday night. Randy Edward Perry was found unconscious around 8:40 p.m. by Salinas Police with at least one stab wound. He was transported for treatment and died shortly after arriving. Anyone with information can leave an anonymous tip at 831-775-4222.
More Articles ...
- Gang Sweep 052318 0540 CM
- Monterey County Cannabis tax goes down 052318 0525 CM
- Free Tire Recycling In MCo 05/22/18B 18:39 S.S.
- End Of Life Option Act – cont’d 05/22/18B 18:20 S.S.
- Royal Oaks Man Died 05/22/18B 18:14 S.S.
- Tami Hunstman Moved To Prison 05/22/18B 17:55 S.S.
- Another Opium Field 05/22/18B 17:48 S.S.
- Controlled Burn In Aptos 05/22/18B 17:25 S.S.
- SB 1 Fatal Acc 05/22/18A 10:25 S.S.
- Jessica Lowe arraignment 052218 0824 CM