THE FIRE, AT A HOLLISTER RECYCLING PLANT, IS NOW 90 PERCENT CONTAINED. THE FIRE HAS DONE MORE THAN 300 THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH OF DAMAGE TO THE Eagle Recycling and Disposal facility on San Juan Road. THE CAUSE OF THAT FIRE IS STILL UNDER INVESTIGATION.
A SANTA CRUZ TEENAGER HAS BEEN SENTENCED TO SPEND 16 YEARS-TO-LIFE IN PRISON, FOR THE OCTOBER 2008 KILLING OF ANOTHER TEEN. KNOWN NORTENO JONATHAN CARDENAS, WHO WAS A MINOR WHEN HE FATALLY STABBED 18 YEAR-OLD ROBBIE REYNOLDS IN A BEACH HILL MOTEL ROOM, WAS FOUND GUILTY LAST SPRING OF 2ND-DEGREE MURDER. CARDENAS TURNED HIMSELF IN A COUPLE DAYS AFTER THE OCTOBER 8TH STABBING.
A 38 YEAR-OLD MAN, WHO IS ACCUSED OF TRYING TO SELL HIS BABY GIRL OUTSIDE A SALINAS STORE, WAS ARRESTED AGAIN THIS WEEK. THAT AFTER PATRICK FOUSEK REPORTEDLY TRIED TO KEEP LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS FROM ENTERING HIS EAST ROMIE STREET APARTMENT EARLY THIS MORNING. HE NOW FACES CHARGES OF RESISTING ARREST AND VIOLATING HIS PROBATION, ALONG WITH THE CHILD ENDANGERMENT CHARGES RELATED TO THE ATTEMPTED BABY SELLING INCIDENT.
A bag containing about a dozen unknown types of explosive devices, was found yesterday by a South Monterey County man. Officials say the Bradley man found the bag in the Jolon and Interlake Roads area. The explosives, which were turned over to the Monterey County Sheriff’s Bomb Unit, were destroyed at the Fort Hunter Liggett Tank Range.
In an effort to reduce airborne asbestos emissions, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management has ordered 29,000 acres in Hollister be closed to new mining claims. The temporary action closes the Clear Creek Management area for up to 2 years, while the secretary of the interior is proposing to withdraw the lands from mining for 20 years. The Bureau of Land Management, in the meantime, plans to conduct various studies to support a final decision on whether to permanently close Clear Creek due to dangerous levels of asbestos in the area.
More Articles ...
- M.H CHILD MOLESTER ARRESTED 08-04-10 11:30 a.v.
- S.C. RENTAL INSPECTION LAW APPROVED 08-04-10 10:50 a.v.
- CHILD MOLESTER - CARMALT - 08/04/10 17:38 S.S.
- BIG SUR (GREEN) FIRE - UPDATED 08-04-10 10:10 a.v.
- WILDFIRE CONTAINED ALONG HIGHWAY 25 - 08/04/10 17:05 S.S.
- HOLLISTER EAGLE FIRE – UPDATED (2) 08-04-10 09:45 a.v.
- WATSONVILLE NEW MARKETING TOOL 08-04-10 07:45 a.v.
- K.C. POLICE CHIEF SPECIAL MTG. 08-04-10 07:45 a.v.
- S.V. SANDWICH SHOP ROBBERY 08-04-10 06:30 a.v.
- HOLLISTER EAGLE FIRE - UPDATED 08-04-10 05:30 a.v.