DELIBERATIONS continued yesterday in the murder trial of a local surfboard maker. david alford is accused of shooting hans heath to death, during an altercation in his car in april of 2009. this is the fourth day of jury deliberations. if convicted of first degree murder, alford faces 50 years to life in prison.
A DATE HAS BEEN SET FOR A MENTAL COMPETENCY TEST OF A WATSONVILLE MAN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ABUSE OF A YOUNG GIRL. 53-YEAR-OLD JOHN CHARLIE DEANDA SCORED LOW ON INTELLIGENCE TESTS. A HEARING TO DETERMINE DEANDA’S MENTAL COMPETENCY FOR A FULL TRIAL IS SLATED FOR APRIL 18TH.
california highway patrol officers ARRESTED AN UNLICENSED 16 YEAR-OLD WHO WAS SEEN DRIVING A STOLEN VAN IN WATSONVILLE. SANTA CLARA COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPUTIES PURSUED THE VAN ON HIGHWAY 152, THE C.H.P. TOOK OVER THE CHASE ONCE THE VAN ENTERED SANTA CRUZ COUNTY. THE DRIVER AND A 15-YEAR-OLD PASSENGER WERE ARRESTED AND BOOKED INTO JUVENILE HALL.
a fire in scotts valley on wednesday night destroyed a mobile home in the vista del lago community. the blaze was reported at 11:10 p.m, fire and police arrived at the scene shortly after. one person was transported to the hospital to be treated for injuries.
a public comment session was held last night on a proposal to open a small group home in the rio del mar community. the home would serve those suffering from depression and other mental illness. neighbors in the rio del mar area oppose the plan, citing lack of sidewalks, bus schedules and concerns about licensing and outdoor smoking. county officials had hoped to open the group home by the end of the month.
More Articles ...
- s.v. med.m.j. ban 03/17/11 0830 E.A.
- woman of the year 03/17/11 0800 E.A.
- w-ville baseball attack 03/17/11 0730 E.A.
- mavericks death 03/17/11 0600 E.A.
- SLV SCHOOL MENTAL HEALTH 03/17/11 0600 E.A.
- W-VILLE 911 BABY DELIVERY 03/17/11 0600 E.A.
- FREDERICK STREET HOUSE FIRE - 03/16/11 15:38 S.S.
- MCO SUPES ON ROOSTERS 03/16/11 - 15:28 S.S.
- SALINAS MAN ARRESTED - 03/16/11 15:13 S.S.
- SALINAS SCHOOLS LOCKED DOWN - 03/16/11 14:59 S.S.