There are still scattered power outages throughout the tri-county area.....with a few larger ones. The biggest is now impacting about: 2,000 (down from 6500) P.G. & E. customers in the Pebble Beach and Carmel areas; while about 1700 customers are still effected in the Hacienda Carmel area. About 300 people are still without power in the La Selva Beach area; with 200 more above the Soquel Demonstration Forest; and 150 PG&E customers without power in Moss Landing.
Print
Email
Fort Hunter Liggett officials have announced multiple road and low-water crossing closures as storms continue taking their toll on Monterey County.
Every low-water crossing off Mission Road at the fort will be closed until further notice.
Those who looking to commute to Indians can use Mission Creek Road via Red Grade Road.
Print
Email
In Santa Cruz County, evacuation orders related to debris flow concerns are expected to extend through Wednesday night. To help, Visit Santa Cruz County has compiled a list of hotels open to evacuees.
The organization said the following hotels are available for evacuees:
- Beach House Rentals, Capitola 831-475-1808
- Beach Street Inn & Suites, Santa Cruz 831-423-3031
- Capitola Hotel, Capitola 831-476-1278
- Capitola Venetian Hotel, Capitola 831-476-6471
- Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages, Santa Cruz 831-462-4192
- Rio Sands Hotel, Aptos 831-688-3207
- Seascape Beach Resort, Aptos 866-867-0976
The organization recommends reaching out to the hotels for more information about availability because it changes quickly.
Print
Email
California again revised its vaccine plan today (Tuesday), following up on Gov. Gavin Newsom's Monday announcement that the state would prioritize age for coronavirus vaccine eligibility.
Newsom said that after the state finishes inoculating its most prioritized candidates in Phases 1a and 1b Tier 2 — health care workers, those 65 and older, first responders, teachers, childcare staff, food workers and agriculture workers — the state will transition to an age-based vaccine prioritization system.
Workers in Phase 1b Tier 2, who were originally slated to be vaccinated next, may now have to wait a little longer. Next in line could be those 50 and older — a huge revision to the vaccine rollout. Earlier this month, it was projected that those over 65 would not be vaccinated until midsummer.
It appears that supply challenges are largely to blame for the constant reshuffling of the vaccine line and a need to prioritize those most at risk as supplies get scarce.
"Certainly, at this moment of scarcity our focus is to ensure that we have that balance between risk and exposure," Dr. Mark Ghaly, the state's health secretary, said on earlier today (Tuesday). He added that the state will prioritize those most vulnerable "as early as we can, especially with the supply challenges that we have."
Print
Email