A man has turned himself for the September 2016 shooting of another man in Salinas. 28 year-old Jerry Sanks says he is not the one who shot and killed 23 year-old Kareen Jamal King (in the area of East Lake and Soledad Streets). Sanks, who has spent years coaching Pee Wee sports in Salinas, was booked into Monterey County Jail.
A motorcyclist was transported to Natividad Medical Center with major injuries this morning, after an accident with a vehicle on Highway 152. The just before 8 a.m. accident occurred west of Holohan Road near Bridge Street.
The east bound lanes of Highway 152 (at Bridge Street in Watsonville) are closed right now due to a vehicle versus motorcycle collision. The accident occurred just before 8 a.m. this morning.
ALTHOUGH CLASSES WILL RESUME THIS MORNING AT GAVILAN VIEW MIDDLE SCHOOL IN SALINAS, THERE IS A BOIL WATER ORDER IN THE AREA OF THE SCHOOL. THAT AFTER A WATER MAIN BREAK OCCURRED NEAR THE SCHOOL YESTERDAY. BECAUSE OF THE BOIL WATER ORDER, THE WATER FOUNTAINS IN THE SCHOOL HAVE BEEN SEALED-OFF. BOTTLED WATER WILL BE PROVIDED TO GAVILAN VIEW STUDENTS. ALTHOUGH THEIR RESTROOMS WILL BE OPEN, HAND WASHING STATIONS WILL BE SET UP.
THE BOIL WATER ADVISORY ALSO INCLUDES CUSTOMERS FROM 375 TO 485 SAN JUAN GRADE ROAD; AT THE CLUB AT CRAZY HORSE RANCH; AND IN COUNTRY CLUB MEADOWS (BEAR CREEK COURT, AUGUSTA DRIVE, AUGUSTA CIRCLE, AUGUSTA COURT, PINEHURST LANE, AND TAM O’SHANTER DRIVE).
CAL WATER SAYS THE BOIL WATER ADVISORY AT THE SCHOOL WILL STAY IN PLACE UNTIL TEST RESULTS CONFIRM WATER QUALITY WAS NOT IMPACTED BY THE WATER MAIN BREAK
Santa Cruz Police say a call reporting a man threatening people with a gun turned out to be a false report.
The incident at a house in the 100 block of Ocean Street occurred about 4:40 Wednesday afternoon. Police blocked off Ocean Street and after screams were heard ordered everyone inside the house to come out. Police then entered and searched the home. One person was reportedly placed on a mental health hold. There were no injuries and no weapon was found. The 911 call is now being treated as a false report to police. Ocean St. was reopened shortly before 6 PM.
More Articles ...
- $50 Gigabit Internet Available Downtown 09-19-18 18:50 DC
- Volunteers Sought to Help Foster Kids in Watsonville 09-19-18 17:25 DC
- Man Shot by Watsonville Police to be Arraigned Thursday 09-19-18 17:55 DC
- Red Flag Warning for Santa Cruz Mountains 09-19-18 17:45 DC
- Gigabit Fiber to Trailer Park 09-19-18 16:20 DC
- Child Car Seats Require Proper Fit 09-19-18 14:10 DC
- Family Wins Settlement 09/19/18A 11:45 S.S.
- 2 Arr For Burglary – SC 09/19/18A 11:33 S.S.
- Documentary In Salinas 09/19/18A 08:30 S.S.
- Chad Browning Faces 4 09/19/18 08:00 S.S.