When they meet today…..Santa Cruz City Council members are expected to consider the restriction, or possible ban of the sale of flavored tobacco within city limits. 23 tobacco retailers could be impacted. Council members are expect to discuss this matter in their afternoon session.
Firefighters are back in Pogonip Park. This time to quell a blaze that was called in around 3 o’clock this morning.
The Play-Off game between the 5th seeded Aptos Mariners, and 4th seeded Terra Nova, has been delayed yet again, due to poor air quality. The Central Coast Section Open Division Lll game is now scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. in Pacifica this coming Friday. This game was only 1 of 20 c-c-s events that have been re-scheduled, due to poor air quality flowing through the greater bay area…..from the more than 117-thousand acre Camp Fire (burning about 85 miles north of Sacramento).
The wildfire is now considered to be 30 percent contained, and firefighters hope to have it completely contained by November 30th.
A fire in a room at Seascape Beach Resort In Aptos yesterday afternoon, may have been sparked by illegal activity. Firefighters said it looked as though the occupant (or occupants) were involved in trying to produce Butane Honey Oil.
The Watsonville Police department announced that traffic Signal lights at Main and Fifth Streets are operable again. A power outage in the area knocked out the stop lights at about 4:25 p-m. Traffic controls were utilized until the signals were restored about an hour later.
More Articles ...
- RED FLAG Warning-11/12/18-1728-PMD
- MB Half Marathon Cancelled-11/12/18-1717-PMD
- Salinas Townhouse Fire-11/12/18-1632-PMD
- Gilroy Man Killed in Crash-11/12/18-1621-PMD
- Man Killed on SR17-11/12/18-1553-PMD
- UPDATED: Santa Cruz Shelter Helps Evacuated Animals 11-12-18 07:14 DC
- Valley Churches Preparing Thanksgiving for Those in Need 11-12-18 11:53 DC
- Monarch’s Back at Natural Bridges 11-12-18 05:23 DC
- Caballero Wins State Senate Seat
- Small Veg Fire Near Scott’s Valley 11-12-18 04:40 DC