A Salinas man has been sentenced to spend 6 years in prison. That after 23 year-old Jose Saul Flores Orellana crashed his car into a ditch in July of 2019, causing his passenger to suffer fatal injuries. Orellano reportedly had a blood alcohol of .13 at the time of the accident.
Print
Email
Due to the rapid increase in cases of Covid-19, the San Francisco Director Of Health has issued a Mandatory 10-Day Quarantine, for anyone traveling to, or returning to, San Francisco....from out of the Bay Area Region. That mandatory quarantine order went into effect early this morning, and is expected to remain in effect through at least January 4th. There are some exceptions for people traveling for critical activities.
Print
Email
California congresswoman Anna Eshoo is now self-quarantining, because she found out Wednesday that one of her staff members has tested positive for Covid-19. She’ll be working at home, and she and her staff will be available to her constituents on a virtual basis.
Print
Email
On Wednesday, the city of Hollister proposed an ordinance declaring businesses refusing to follow COVID-19 health and safety guidelines as public nuisances. The ordinance would make them eligible for penalties, fines and even having their business license revoked.
Mayor Ignacio Velasquez says the city of Hollister is currently in a state of health emergency.
Last week, more than 300 new cases were reported in San Benito County and another 100 cases on Wednesday alone.
Mayor Velasquez says the city has been trying to combat the surge in COVID-19 cases but has faced issues with a group called #OPENSBC, a group of residents and business owners pushing back against local health and safety guidelines. They argue the restrictions are too damaging to businesses.
Print
Email