Salinas Home Fire 12-10-13 20:30 av
No injuries were reported after a Salinas home caught fire last night. Fire crews responded to the home on the 300 block of California Street shortly before 7 o’clock. Officials believe the fire erupted after the home’s owner said she forgot to unplug a light bulb hanging from an extension cord in her attic. The woman told authorities she smelled smoke and noticed flames coming from that area. The woman was able to escape unharmed. Good Samaritans meanwhile were able to assist the woman to safety, along with several pets inside the home.