UCSc Toxic Mold Lawsuit 11-06-13 05:30 av
A lawsuit filed by a UC-Santa Cruz graduate student alleges their daughter’s breathing problems were caused by a toxic mold found in his University campus apartment. Matthew Richert and his wife filed the suit against UCSC and are seeking an excess of $25,000. Richert says they started noticing mold on their walls in the Fall of 2011, around the same time his 1-year old daughter’s respiratory problems started. The university conducted a mold inspection in may and found about 60 of the 200 family units needed repair.