A Sunday morning Salinas structure fire left 25 residents displaced and 3 people injured. Nearly 20 firefighters arrived to 13-East lake Street at 7:30 a.m., to find one room in the 2nd story, multiple-unit residential facility fully engulfed in flames. The building’s 1st and 2nd stories sustained major heat and smoke damage. Two residents were taken to local hospitals while one was treated on scene. Officials say working fire detectors prevented the possibility of multiple fatalities. The blaze was caused by an overloaded extension cord.