- Written by Administrator
- Category: Local News
- Last Updated: 10 November 2004
- Created: 10 November 2004
The Council will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
* Inventory and characterize California's existing military installations, commands, and missions and how our bases complement each other.
* Identify the current status of Department of Defense activities in California, the retainability of these activities, and the opportunities for California to compete for additional defense activities from outside the state and attract future military force and infrastructure over the next 20 years.
* Evaluate the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities associated with California's base activities and determine how the existing base missions relate to each other and the state's economic development goals and capabilities.
* Coordinate base retention and realignment activities among local communities, the state and the Department of Defense.
* Develop tactics to strengthen California's competitiveness for Department of Defense activities.
* Recommend strategies to state agencies and local communities which will promote base retention and mitigate the adverse effects of potential closure or downsizing.