a field worker in aromas was hospitalized saturday, after a tank of sulfuric acid spilled on him at work. the incident happened in a field off of murphy road. the wet ground under the tank is believed to have shifted, causing the tank to tip and then spill. the worker was standing nearby, and was doused with the acid. a mobile hazmat cal-fire unit responded, and the man was decontaminated, before being taken to a local hospital with severe burns. surrounding roads were closed down while the scene was assessed by authorities.