A residential fire in Boulder Creek that cause and estimated 400 thousand dollars in damage on Thursday was caused by a child playing with a lighter. The 10-year-old boy accidentally lit a bed on fire around 7pm in the upstairs bedroom of the Old County Highway home, and tried to put the blaze out himself. However, the fire quickly spread, and began to burn the residence. The boy and his twin sister ran outside and began calling for help. Mike Swanson, the children’s father, returned from a trip to the grocery store to find the house ablaze. 5 people were displaced as a result of the damage.