Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Dr. Wallach discusses professional athletes to start the show. Asserting that pro athletes despite being in shape don't live as long as "couch potatoes". Contending this is because of all the nutrients they lose through their sweat while working out and playing their sport.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss the recent deaths of two prominent athletes. Former NBA and Celtic star Dennis Johnson died last week after going into cardiac arrest. Over the weekend Denver Broncos running back Damien Nash collapsed and died following a charity basketball game. Doug also discusses a Colorado high school that has banned the energy drink "Spike Shooter". After several students became sick with shortness of breath, heart palpitations and nausea.
- Ada has a friend with acid reflux.
- Marge has an 8 year old son diagnosed with ADHD.
- Elmer has been diagnosed with a mini stroke in his eye.
- Mark has a friend who has been diagnosed with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- Bob has been diagnosed as being anemic.