Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the death of former astronaut Neal Armstrong. Who died on the operating table from complications during a heart bypass procedure. Doc outlines other famous people who have died during "routine procedures". Citing statistics of medical mistakes that occur every year that take patients lives.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news story regarding a patient refused treatment by her primary care physician. Dr. Helen Carter has started turning away patients who weigh more than 200 pounds. Citing the health of her office workers as the reason. Also contending that there is an obesity clinic at a local university that is better equiped to deal with obese patients. The AMA says this practice is not illegal nor is it unethical.
- Nancy's dog has been diagnosed with kidney failure.
- Marylin has several health challenges including type 2 diabetes, macular degeneration and hemolytic anemia.
- Mario has been diagnosed with intentional tremors.
- Shannon has a friend whose cat was poisoned.
- Pam's cat has poor muscle control of it's hind legs.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.