Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a news article concerning doctors shunning Medicaid patients. The article states that 35% of doctors are now saying they will no longer take on new Medicaid patients. This because Medicaid pays a lot less for the same procedures and tests than privately insured patients. Doc asserts this is evidence that "it's all about the money" not about saving or caring for patients.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article on Crohn's disease. The article centers around a woman who works for CNN and has been battling Crohns since her diagnosis in 1980. The article outlines many of the symptoms such as severe abdominal pain, bowel obsturctions, incontinence, fatigue, depression and diarrhea to the point of dehydration. The article also states there is no cure for the disease which Dr. Wallach contends is incorrect.
- John is a type 2 diabetic with hypertension and a diagnosis of optic neuritis.
- Diane has a friend who is over weight has arthritis and an aortic valve failure.
- Duvall is over weight with hypertension and his doctor wants to perform a colonoscopy on him.
- Diana has questions concerning Down's syndrome.
- Rodney is a type 2 diabetic with arthritis and the early stages of cataracts.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.