Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing acid reflux or "lack of acid" as he says. Doc and Char Murphy discuss proton pump inhibitors and why people get belching and bloating. Explaining the low acid levels allow bacteria to grow in the stomach. When food is added to the mix it ferments and expands much like rising dough.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning a study of autism. Researchers found that women who had higher levels of omega-6 fatty acids found in vegatable oils, nuts and seeds were 34% less likely to give birth to an autistic child. The also found that women who had low levels of omega-3 fatty acids were 53% more likely to give birth to an autistic child.
- Sylvia has questions regarding a friend diagnosed with neuromyelitis optica.
- Dave has questions concerning tin deficiencies in relation to hair loss.
- Liam's father PAD (peripheral artery disease) and heart disease.
- Tyler's step-father has suffered a cerebral aneurysm.
- Pete has low testosterone levels along with type 2 diabetes.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.