Dr. Wallach starts the show today discussing medical mistakes. Outlining the numbers of people that are killed, injured and infected every year in the U.S. The U.S. ranked 17th in health and longevity according to a report from U.S. News and World Report in 1997. Currently that same report ranks the U.S. at 60th in health and longevity despite spending more on healthcare than all of other nations combined.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning a study on the burn out factor among doctors. The study from the Mayo Clinic involved nearly 7300 doctors answering questionaires regarding their enthusiasm about their jobs. Finding more than 4 out of every 10 doctors admitted they were emotionally exhausted of felt a high degree of cynicism, or depersonalization towards their patients.
- Chaz was born with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and is trying deal with the symptoms nutritionally.
- Sandra has a friend diagnosed with lupus and uveitis.
- Jane has a friend recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
- Nancy has several health challenges including hyperthyroidism, hypertension, hyperadrenals and rapid heart beat.
- Sarah has a dog suffering from seizures.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.