Dr. Peter Glidden fills in for Dr. Wallach starting the show discussing the differences between allopathic and holistic medicines. Asserting that MD (medical doctor) directed or allopathic medicine only treats symptoms without dealing with the root cause of disease. Where as ND (naturopathic doctor) directed of holistic medicine treats the body as a whole. While getting at the root cause of a disease which is usually due to bad dietary habits and the lack of nutrients.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Glidden discuss two health news articles. The first concerns a study on blood levels of vitamin D and mortality rates of prostate cancer. The study done at Harvard's School of Public Health found that men with the highest blood levels of vitamin D were less likely to die from the disease compared to those with the lowest levels. However, researchers note that vitamin D did not seem to prevent getting prostate cancer despite blood levels.
- Mary's friend has chronic boils.
- Michelle's mother was recently diagnosed with lung cancer.
- Brett's brother-in-law has been diagnosed with T cell lymphoma.
- John's daughter has been diagnosed with childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Arlene is a type 2 diabete with ulcers and neuropathies in her feet due to poor circulation.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.