Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the epidemic of obesity in the U.S. Doc asserts that Americans are number one in the world in obesity. Contending that if the medical industry knew the real cause the U.S. should rank 200th. His theory is that obesity and weight gain are not diseases of excess but rather diseases of deficiency. Namely mineral deficiencies that cause people to continously binge eat trying to get nutrients that aren't in our foods.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article on a study on the effects of sugar consumption. In the study volunteers were put on no added sugar meals for a couple of weeks. Then sugary drinks were added to the diet. After just two weeks those getting the higher doses of sugar had elevated levels of LDL cholesterol considered to be a risk factor for heart disease.
- George's wife has been diagnosed with lung cancer and he has questions regarding selenium supplements and sugar consumption.
- Andres is a Marine who has concerns about side effects from vaccines he's been given.
- Stella's daughter has been trying to get pregnant for over a year without success.
- Debbie's grandson has blood in his stewl.
- Joe is on a supplement program but is experiencing blood clotting problems.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.