Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the FDA's recent plan to remove all transfats from the U.S. market place. Although transfats have been declining for years FDA experts believe if they were removed completely from diets 20,000 heart attacks yearly could be avoided. Doc asserts that MD's infect, injure and kill over 15 million patients every year. Contending it would be great to avoid heart attacks but asks the question "why isn't the FDA addressing this much larger issue?"
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding the over diagnosis of ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). Currently the cost of treating ADHD annually is up to $500 million. A study from Australia's Bond University has found a 73% increase in prescriptions for ADHD medications in Australia. In Britain that number is 200% for children and adolescents and up 400% in adults in the past decade.
- Emma has a followup call concerning shoulder pain and anxiety. She is also experiencing neuropathies in her leg.
- Laura's husband has a pinched nerve in his neck that is causing numbness in his legs.
- Veronica's cat has had a stroke and is unable to walk.
- Mack's dog has skin rashes that cause itching and scratching.
- Tiffany's mother is recovering from a stroke and has no appetitie.
- Joan asks Dr. Wallach about which Youngevity products can be used when traveling.
- Brian has type 2 diabetes and is struggling with weight control.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.