Dr. Wallach discusses a news article concerning the U.S. population. Later this year the U.S. population will reach 300 million for the first time. Doc asserts that as the population grows it will continue to put a burden on the healthcare system. Contending that people should educate themselves to avoid dependence on an already over strained system.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss a recent New York Times news article. The article centers on the free breakfasts and lunches provided to doctors and their employees by pharmaceutical reps on a daily basis. On industry group estimates that the drug companies spend $4 million a day and $1 billion a year on these "free lunches".
- Jerome has questions concerning aneurysms.
- Laura has 3 kittens with F.I.P. (feline infectious peritenitis).
- Becky asks Dr. Wallach about shingles.
- Kathy asks if oral chelation is as effective as intravenous chelation.
- Ron's mother is experiencing leg pain after taking nutritional supplements.