Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a study that attempts to link autism to rain. Doc disagrees contending the reason why more autism is diagnosed in areas with higher rainfall is because of the additional "comfort" foods that are consumed in those areas.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a Swedish study on probiotics as antiseptics. The study found that critically ill patients on ventilators fared just as well if their mouths were swabbed with Lacotobacillus plantarum 299 when compared to those whose mouths were swabbed with the normal chlorhexidine.
- Anita has been diagnosed with macular degeneration.
- Jean has a follow-up to a previous cal on a cancer diagnosis.
- Marylin asks Dr. Wallach about hypertension.
- Mark has questions concerning ways to control blood pressure naturally.
- Carolyn has been diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease and hyperthyroidism.
Email Dr. Wallach at