Dr. Wallach warns of the dangers of exercising with out replacing the nutrients lost through sweating. Recommending the "Dead Athletes Don't Lie" CD as a good resource to learn more about this concept. Doc also mentions weight loss and the role leptins play in fat storage within the human body. Asserting that the new Youngevity product "Slender FX" is a good way to combat leptin production.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug and Dr. Wallach discuss two recent news articles regarding health issues. The first article concerns two studies published in the Archives of Opthalmology. The studies done in the U.S. and Australia found up to a 40% decreased risk of macular degeneration in people who ate fish once or twice a week. Next they discuss a news article concerning the drug "Effexor" made by Wyeth. A watch dog group recently found that Wyeth had added "homicidal ideation" to the drug's list of adverse effects. Although, rare the drug has been associated with homicidal thoughts but the manufacturer did not notify doctors or issue warning labels. Andrea Yates the mother who drowned her 5 children was taking twice the recommended dose for months prior to the drownings.
- Judy recently had a hair analysis and found her calcium to magnesium levels are off.
- John's wife has been diagnosed with low cortisol levels and suffers from fatigue.
- Herb's doctor has told him that his blood iron levels are too high.
- Lisa suffers from mastitis and is curious if she can use Yougevity's "CM Creme" for pain relief.
- Nancy has questions concerning colloidal silver.