Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Pharmacist Ben Fuchs fills in for Dr. Wallach. Ben discusses acid reflux and heartburn in relationship to low acid levels in the digestive system. Contending that most Americans have poor digestion especially the elderly. As we age our ability to digest fats and proteins decreases.
Pearls of Wisdom
Ben and Doug discuss a recent research study published in the journal Thorax. Researchers have found a link between symptomatic asthma and lower levels of vitamin C in the blood stream. In the study those with higher consumption of foods high in vitamin C were half as likely to have asthma symptoms.
- Mark has questions regarding his cholesterol levels.
- Georgie asks Ben about the proper ratios of omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids.
- Keam is obese and trying to lose weight.
- Carolyn heard Ben asserting that people should stay away from long term drug use. She was curious if the same applies to eye drops.
- Shirley has been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
- Richard asks Ben about the importance of phyto chemicals.