Dr. Wallach starts the show today discussing cholesterol. Outlining how the medical industry has deemed cholesterol the "boogey man". When in fact there is no strong evidence that cholesterol causes heart disease. Only a correlation that those with heart disease often have higher levels.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss two recent news stories. The first concerns a new study that found people taking Zocor (cholesterol lowering drug) often had poor quality of sleep. Second Doug and Doc discuss another study that claims the "Adkins" diet is a high fat diet and could cause heart disease or strokes.
- Leah's sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Paul has been diagnosed with benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Angelo is an 83 year old man who has been experiencing disorientation in the morning.
- Judy's son had poor vision and she asks Dr. Wallach if her granddaughter will have the same problem.
- Debra has questions regarding the increasing spread of MRSA (methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus).