Dr. Wallach starts the show today discussing the need for "self help" healthcare. Comparing healthcare to auto and home repair in the sense of "self help". Asking people to educate themselves on healthcare so they can do much of their healthcare themselves. Thus avoiding unnecessary drugs and procedures that doctor use to pad their wallets.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding new guidelines for dealing with cholesterol levels. These new guidelines put forth by the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology would double the amount of people on statin drugs. These guidelines would put all people with heart disease, types 1 and 2 diabetes, LDL cholesterol levels above 190 and those with increased risk of heart attack on statins. Doc asserts that getting cholesterol extremely low will only create vast numbers of Alzheimers patients.
- Chaz has a follow-up questions regarding his cerebral palsy.
- Shannon asks Docs opinion of getting her cat neutered and vaccines.
- Ron's mother has mild dementia and wants to get off of the drugs.
- Geneva has a friend diagnosed with fibromyalgia rheumatica.
- Larry's daughter has CP (cerebral palsy) he has follow-up questions from a previous call.
- Kevin's wife has been diagnosed with gall stones and her doctor wants to remove her gall bladder.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.