Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a opinion piece in a Canadian paper. In the article a reader asks if glucosamine chondroitin can help relieve joint pain. The local expert MD basically wrote that it might not work. Doc disagrees stating the old saying "you are what you eat" with the exception that in reality it is "you are what you absorb". Contending that if a person has absorbtion problems no amount of supplements will work very well. Citing two studies from Harvard Medical School that state surgery for knee and back pain are useless.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning a study on testosterone treatments. The study of over 9000 veterans who underwent angiography because they had experienced chest pain or were at high risk of coronary disease. Finding those who received testosterone treatments were about 30% more likely to suffer a heart attack, stroke or die when compared to those not getting the hormone.
- Melissa is currently under treatment for ovarian cancer.
- Don has two questions the first concerns a natrual treatment for bipolar disorder. Second he asks Dr. Wallach about tinitis.
- Robert's two year has been diagnosed with epilepsy.
- Autumn's husband is suffering from essential tremors.
- Chris is experiencing "dizzy spells" but has tested negative for hypertension.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.