Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing longevity and how long people want to live. Doc asserts that countries who have more centenarians than the U.S. are usually third world countries. With no access to doctors and the medical industry or drugs. Also he contends that these peoples cook and heat with wood and put the wood ash into their food and gardens.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning a study on clinical trials for drugs. Apparently due to pressure from Congress and drug companies the FDA has created several methods to expedite getting drugs to market faster. Unfortunately because of this expediting drugs many trials for safety and efficacy. Many of the trials for safety were supposed to be done after the drug was approved. But researchers found that five years after approval only about 40% of the studies have been done.
- Linda recently had a blood test and has some concerns over the results.
- Madrew has a friend with poor liver function.
- Carmen is starting to lose her hair.
- Cooper's cat has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.
- Jackie has questions concerning rheumatoid arthritis.
- Renee has a friend whose son has been diagnosed with generalized dystonia.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.