Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing how he feels the Affordable Care Act is negatively affecting the economy. Contending many people will lose their jobs or at the very least have their hours cut back. Asserting that unless the medical model is changed things will continue to spiral out of control. Asking people to join the Youngevity movement so they can create additional income streams.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding a study on the overuse of antibiotics. The study found that only about 10% of people with a sore throat have strep which would warrant the use of an antibiotic. However after studying data of over 8000 visits to for sore throat antibiotics were prescribed 60% of the time. They also found that use of penicillin for strep remained the same around 9%. But the use of more expensive azithromycin has increased 15% over the past couple of decades. Estimating the cost between 1997 to 2010 at $500 million. They also state that the actual cost could be 40 times greater because of all the side effects caused by antibiotics.
- Angel has a friend who has several health challenges including bronchitis, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart and lung disease.
- Donna's daughter is pregnant and going into prematue labor.
- Dora has two questions the first concerns her own high triglyceride levels. Second she has questions concerning a friend with herpes.
- Joy's husband has an enlarged prostate.
- Pamela's niece has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.