Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a news article that states more military personel are being treated for mental problems than battle wounds. Doc asserts that psychosis and psychotic behavior has two causes nutritional deficiencies and prescription drugs. Contending that doctors treating people who are psychotic are to blame because they don't institutionalize them because they will lose the revenue from treatment.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding injuries sustained by nurses treating obese patients. The article outlines the story of a nurse who had to retire to a desk job at age 46 because she developed a herniated disk in her back. Doc asserts that the medial system should provide nurses and all healthcare workers with the 90 essential nutrients so they can obtain optimal health.
- Haim has two questions the first concerns his father who is a type 2 diabetic having difficulty maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Second he has questions on whether he should be supplementing with copper and selenium.
- Gottfried has a friend who is a type 2 diabetic with allergies.
- Doug has a friend who is experiencing peripheral neuropathies in his feet.
- Dora's mother who lost a kidney to cancer is obese and diagnosed with elevated triglyceride levels.
- Ken has high blood pressure and is having difficutly controlling the level.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.