Dr. Peter Glidden fills in for Dr. Wallach starting the show discussing weight gain and obesity. Using the analogy of someone who sells for a living who constantly sees their "brand" broken down on the road. He contends eventually that person would want to go work for someone else who made good quality cars. Asserting the same is true for healthcare that eventually people should realize the advice from their MD isn't working. At that point they should start looking for other advice that does work.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Glidden discuss a news article concerning a study on obesity and mortality. Researchers at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation examined the link between obesity and death based on gender and race. Finding that obesity in adults accounts for 18% of deaths among black or white Americans between the ages of 40 and 85.
- Robert has been treated for over 20 years without success for diverticulitis.
- Dave's neighbor recently had a knee replacement and continues to expericence pain and discomfort.
- Janice has a friend who has several health challenges including a mass on his bladder, kidney failure, blood in urine and frequent urination.
- Jolene is a type 2 diabetic with RLS (restless leg syndrome) and weight gain.
- Randy has type 1 diabetes and wants to control his blood sugar naturally without drugs.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.