Dr. Peter Glidden fills in for Dr. Wallach. Starting the show discussing a mercury spill in Japan that occured in the late 1960s. The spill led to a lot of birth defects which prompted goverment officials to want to study the effects of pollution on health. Dr. Wallach was hired to study the problem and eventually found that most animals that died of "natural causes" actually died of nutritional deficiencies.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Glidden discuss a news article regarding gluten intolerance. The article outlines what gluten intolerance is and places where gluten can be found. The author also wrongly asserts that people should abstain completely from gluten. Contending that people can gain weight on a gluten free diet because many gluten free products are loaded with fats and sugars.
- Lindsey asks Dr. Glidden if there is anything a person can do to cleanse gluten from their system.
- Petra has questions regarding her cat that is losing weight.
- Izadre is experiencing frequent urination.
- Richard has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.
- Richard has a friend diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.