Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the bankruptcy of the city of Detroit. Doc asserts that all of the cities and towns that are going bankrupt due to the huge medical benefit packages given to city and county employees and retirees. Also contending that Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act does not protect people from insurance companies raising rates by two or three times.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning doctors selling their pracitces to hospitals. Citing a specific case where an oncologist who sold his pracitice of over 30 years to a local hospital. The oncologist then became an employee as well as his staff. This something Dr. Wallach has been predicting for several years. In fact the incidence of doctors selling practices has increased 30% to 40% over that past 5 years.
- Kathy has a friend whose dog has kidney failure.
- John's doctor wants him to undergo a knee replacement procedure.
- Elaine has a follow-up call regarding a heffer with a broken leg.
- Shelton's dad recently had a stroke.
- Evanna has a friend diagnosed with cardiomyopathy heart disease.
- Donna is experiencing bloating, belching and gas.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.