Dr. Wallach and Char Murphy discuss gluten intolerance and Celiac disease. Outlining the difference between allergies and intolerance or enteritis. Detailing how the gluten destroys the villi in the small intestine reducing the ability to absorb nutrients.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey, Dr. Wallach and Char Murphy continue discussing gluten intolerance. Citing statistics from a news article that questions the benefits of a gluten free diet. Researchers from the Mayo Clinic contend that one out of 100 Americans have Celiac disease. However only about 17% are aware they have the disorder. Recommending that people should get blood tests and biopsies to determine if they have a gluten intolerance.
- Sarah has a friend with a ganglion cyst on her wrist.
- Gary's cousin is experiencing the onset of chronic pain in his joints.
- David's sister has been diagnosed with a prolapsed bladder.
- Joan has several health challenges including osteopenia, hypothyroidism and an inoperable tumor.
- Ray has been diagnosed with basil cell carcinoma and dupuytren's contracture.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.