Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing exercising properly. Contending that pro athletes don't live as long as the average "couch potato". Asserting this is because athlete sweat out nutrients during their workouts and competition. If they hydrate with only water they as slowly killing themselves by starving their bodies of important nutrients like vitamins and minerals.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article on a request from WHO (World Health Organization) for tougher food marketing rules. They contend that all of the ads for unhealthy foods on television and on the internet through social media contributes to childhood obesity. Doc disagrees asserting that children crave the salty, fatty and sugar laden foods because they are nutritionally starved.
- Elaine has two questions the first concerns a calf with a broken leg. Next she has questions concerning friends that are experiencing bone pain.
- Randy's cousin has carpul tunnel syndrome in his arms.
- Mike has bone on bone osteoarthritis and BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy).
- Norma has two horses with laminitis.
- Kent's wife has bone on bone arthritis and her doctor wants to replace her hip. He also asks about his dog that has lipomas all over it's body.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.