Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the bombing of the Boston Marathon. Citing his book "God Bless America" that has information to help people deal with these types of incidents. Outlining products that he believes people should keep on hand to be prepared in case of some sort of disaster.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning a study of high blood pressure. Scientists notices that rats that consumed nitrates found in foods like beetroots, lettuce, cabbage and fennel had lower blood pressure. Prompting them to conduct a small study of 15 people who had hypertension. Study participants had systolic blood pressure between 140 and 159 millimetes of mercury but weren't on medications. They drank approximately 8 fluid ounces of beetroot or water with a low amount of nitrate. After 24 hours blood pressures were checked and subjects saw an average 10 point decrease in blood pressure.
- Gottfried is a type 2 diabetic struggling with glaucoma.
- Jane has a friend diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sharon is taking Youngevity's "Healthy Start Pack" and was diagnosed with a kidney stone.
- Umberto has a friend whose 5 year old son was diagnosed two years ago with MS (multiple sclerosis).
- Anna Marie has lost weight and wants to try and gain some weight.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.