Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a news article concerning a study of heart disease. The study published in the journal Internal Medicine. This study from Harvard Medical School found those with found those with the highest blood levels of omega 3 fatty acid were 27% less likely to die from any cause. Those with the highest blood levels were 40% less likely to die from coronary heart disease or stroke.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss an article regarding a study on the high costs of treating dementia. Published in the New England Journal of Medicine the study by the RAND Corporation found that the cost treating Alzheimer's disease was higher than treating heart disease or cancer. Costing society and families $157 to $215 billion anually. While heart disease costs $102 billion and cancer costing $77 billion.
- Ed has a friend diagnosed with a ganglion cyst on his hand but wants to avoid surgery.
- Gordon has degenerative disk disease causing heart palptations.
- Stephanie has two questions the first concerns a friend with a non-cancerous brain tumor. Second she has another friend diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor.
- Carmen's father recently passed away and she is experiencing a lot of anxiety and stress to the point her hair is falling out in clumps.
- Maxine has been diagnosed with cataracts.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.