Dr. Wallach starts the show stating that he believes medical doctors advertising their services is unethical. He also discusses a news article concerning Dr. Neal Bernard who invented a new food group. It's a plant based diet to prevent Alzheimer's consisting exclusively of fruits, vegatables, grains and legumes. Doc asserts people eating this diet will probably die early.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news story regarding a survey of doctors from the UK. The survey was to determine how many doctors were using drugs and treatments they knew would not help the patient without the patients knowledge. An astounding 97% of those answering the survey admitted to giving a patient a placebo at least once. With 77% using some kind of placebo treatment every week. While 80% of those using placebos without the patients knowledge believe the practice was ethical.
- Carmen tore her rotator cuff and asks Dr. Wallach for nutritional supplements to help repair the damage.
- Jimmy's wife is 4 weeks pregnant and asks Doc for a supplement plan.
- Jim has two questions the first concerns a man with high blood calcium levels. Second he has questions for a friend diagnosed with arthritis.
- Mike has a cat with renal failure.
- Wayne has a friend with two children one that has ADHD and the other has been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis.
- Michael asks Dr. Wallach's opinion of coconut oil.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.