Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the fact that billionares don't live any longer than the average couch potatoe. Contending this occurs despite a billionare's financial ability to get the best doctors and foods. Asserting the reason they don't live longer is because their doctors give them wrong advice.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning a study on sugar-sweetened drinks linked to early death. The study from the Harvard School of Public Health links drinking sugar-sweetened to obesity related deaths. The researchers found a link between 180,000 deaths and drinking sugared drinks. Meaning one in every 100 obesity related deaths is caused by drinking sugary beverages.
- Michael has questions concerning his cataracts.
- Joy has peripheral neuropathies due to osteoporosis.
- Gregory has a friend whose father is a type 2 diabetic with kidney failure.
- Ann has been diagnosed with bone on bone arthritis in her hips and knees.
- Russell has a friend whose 6 year old daughter has chronic anemia.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.