Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a news article concerning a study on Alzheimer's disease. Two reports indicate the risk of dying of Alzheirmer's is significantly rising in the U.S. Doc asserts he believes this should be a crime contending Alzheimer's can be prevented and possibly reversed through supplementation.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article on false positive mammograms. A Danish study recently found that false mammograms cause women to feel anxiety and depression for up to three years. Medicare data shows that in 2012 $410 million was spent on screening women over the age of 75 a group that is not recommended for mammography.
- Wayne's father has high blood pressure and only has 20% kidney function.
- Gordon's wife has chronic gall stones.
- Matt asks Dr. Wallach to address a Harvard study that linked calcium supplementation to increased risk of heart disease.
- David asks Doc about treating hair loss with supplementation.
- Fidel's dad is a type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.