Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Dr. Wallach discusses a recent news story concerning heart disease and diet sodas. As part of the Framingham multi-generational study researchers found that people consuming more than one diet soda a day had a 48% increased risk of metabolic syndrome (a marker for heart disease) than those who did not drink sodas.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a couple of news stories. The first concerns the death of Pete Wilson a San Francisco radio talk host and television anchor. He died of a massive coronary while under going a hip replacement procedure. The second story concerns a Louisiana grand jury that failed to indict Dr. Anna Pou on one charge of second-degree murder and 9 counts of murder conspiracy. Dr. Pou is the doctor who killed at least 4 patients with "lethal cocktail' of drugs during the aftermath following hurricane Katrina.
- Louis has a friend whose foot was crushed in an accident and suffers chronic pain.
- Melvin has a Baker's cyst on his knee.
- Michael calls to give a positive testimonial concerning Dr. Wallah's message of health.
- Doreen has 1% hearing in one ear and 40% in the other ear.
- Leigh has chronic muscle spasms following a severe car accident.