Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing some current trends in the medical industry. Outlining how many specialists such as cardiologists are selling their practices and moving to hospitals owned by large corporations. It is now known that many are finding these large hospital corporations limit care quality by limiting tests and procedures doctors are allowed to perform.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding a study of medication errors. The study found that families and patients were rarely told about medications errors. Researchers found that these errors mostly did not harm patients but the ones that did were usually in the ICU. A database of nearly 840.000 voluntarily reported medication errors from 537 U.S. hospitals between 1999 and 2005. Finding ICUs accounted for 56,000 or 6.6% of errors. Over half the time no actions were tken after errors with only a third of staff told about the reported errors.
- Elliott has questions concerning sickle cell anemia.
- Sally has a friend in end stage renal failure.
- Sam's wife is 7 weeks pregnant and wants a nutritional supplementation program.
- Rostle's father has edema in his legs and feet.
- Catherine has a follow-up call regarding a diagnosis of Hashimoto's disease.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.