Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Dr. Wallach starts todays show discussing a predicted epidemic of arthritis. Citing a news article from a couple of years ago where the authors predicted this epidemic because of aging "baby boomers". Doc contends that there are 72 joints in the body that orthapedic doctors are looking to get rich by replacing. Also asserting there are alternatives to joint replacements.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding the growing problem of "polypharmacy". This is the practice of giving seniors multiple medications often to combat side effects of other medications. The report contends that one-third of Americans ages 57 to 85 are taking five or more prescriptions. It also states that those with chronic conditions are taking 20 or more medications. Doc asserts that this is criminal but no one will go to jail.
- Jane has questions concerning chronic kidney stones.
- Ignacious wants to manage his diabetes without medications.
- Diane has questions concerning high blood pressure and anxiety attacks.
- Angela asks Dr. Wallach about how to do a pulse test and chronic allergies to dogs.
- Bobby has been experiencing joint inflammations.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.