Dr. Peter Glidden fills in for Dr. Wallach today starting the show discussing how he believes the medical system is broken. Contending it is a "for profit" industry not one focused on improving health. Citing the overuse of dangerous CT scans as an example of overused technology that results in too many unnecessary treatments and procedures.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Glidden continue discussing the overuse of CT scans. Doug cites a recent study published in the New England Journal of Medicine. The study found that there is no evidence that CT scans save lives or found more heart attacks than tradional lower cost testing. Also the CT scans exposed patients to more radiation than traditional tests plus often added other possibly harmful testing and procedures.
- Justin is experiencing chronic migraines.
- Carrie has follow-up questions from a previous call with additional questions regarding coxsackievirus.
- Carolyn has been diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma.
- Mike has had back pain for years that his MD has not been able to resolve.
- Ray has been diagnosed with sleep apnea.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.