Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing a news article on hospice care. Remarking that in recent years hospice expenditures have increased by more than 70%. Asserting this is because Medicare is paying less and less to doctors so they are sending these patients to hospice care. Once there doctors do unnecessary treatments and procedures to milk money from Medicare.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article on health care costs. A report out from the Institute of Medicine contends that the U.S. health care system wastes $750 billion a year. This due to unnecessary services, inefficient delivery of care, excess administrative costs, inflated prices, prevention failures and fraud.
- Bill is experiencing erectile dysfunction.
- Dan has questions regarding an appendicitis.
- Jontell has a friend whose wife has sickle cell anemia and a blood clot in her arm.
- Barbara has two questions the first concerns her own kidney disease and rising creatinine levels. Second she has questions regarding her daughters diagnosis of fibroid tumors.
- Jennette has questions regarding age spots.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.