Dr. Wallach starts the show today discussing an impending epidemic within the healthcare system. Contending that the leading edge of 80 million baby boomers is now reaching age 65. This will put a huge burden on the Medicare system with epidemics of what Doc calls "preventable" and "reversible" diseases.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article regarding IVF (invetro fertilization). A study found that over 300 pregant women that used IVF only 47% were successful. With the cost ranging from over $1100 up to over $38,000 depending on the intesity of the treatment. The study also found that when the numbers were crunched to show only the women who were successful the cost rose to as much as $76,000.
- Beverly asks Doc's opinion as to why many older adults have red rimmed or blood shot eyes.
- Jeans has questions for a friend who has arthritis.
- Sylvio has a friend diagnosed with Lyme's disease.
- Brenda asks Doc for ways of nutritionally treating depression.
- Cynthia asks Dr. Wallach about ADHD.
Call Dr. Wallach's l.ive radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.