Stream Live from our website:
Download from our website: Download this Podcast here
Pharmacist Ben Fuchs fills in for Dr. Wallach. Ben starts the show discussing a couple of key trace minerals and how the help promote good health. Asserting that 70mg of Chromium daily can actually reduce cravings for carbohydrates. Also discussing the importance of enough zinc in the diet for a variety of heatlh issues.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Ben Fuchs discuss a blog written by a medical doctor concerning hand sanitizers. Apparently the is a growing problem of children swallowing these products and becoming extremely ill. The products are usually about 62% alcohol by weight a single 2 ounce container has as much alcohol as 4 shots of vodka. In 2005 the American Association of Poison Control Centers reported nearly 12,000 cases and 6600 have been reported so far this year.
- Rockne's mother broke her hip and now her doctor has prescribed Fosamax but she doesn't want to take the drug.
- John has been diagnosed with a heart arythmia.
- Ann is a type II diabetic trying to control her blood sugar without drugs.
- Helen has been diagnosed with RLS (restless leg syndrome).
- Chris has concerns about getting too much vitamin D3.