Dr. Wallach starts the show discussing the fact that most financial and economical problems are rooted in paying for medical care. Jobs sent offshore because companies can no longer afford to pay for the medical insurance for their employees. Even the U.S. Postal Service is now sent to lay off thousands, cut back on services and close offices because they can't afford to pay for the medical insurance benefits for it's employees.
Pearls of Wisdom
Doug Winfrey and Dr. Wallach discuss a news article concerning arthritic joints in the baby boomer group of Americans. In the last decade the number of knee joint replacements have doubled and in women ages 45 to 64 these procedures have tripled. Now many baby boomers are turning to an experimental approach of getting PRP injections (platelet rich plasma). Injecting a patients own platelet plasma in joints to reduce pain and hopefully repair joint cartilage. These procedure cost $450 or more and Doc asserts that a lot of bone and joint building nutrients can be bought for that kind of money.
- Linda has question regarding lower blood pressure without drugs.
- Eldrick has a friend diagnosed with gastroparesis.
- Jane has a friend who has non-small cell lung cancer that has matastasized to his tail bone.
- Kim's couson has a child diagnosed with central core disease (inborn muscle disorder).
- Sharon is a type 2 diabetic whose kidneys are beginning to fail but she is refusing dialysis.
Call Dr. Wallach's live radio program weekdays from noon until 1pm pacific time at 831-685-1080 or toll free at 888-379-2552.